New Skybuster Spotted in Grocery Store

For planes made after 1980 {The end of Dinky Toys} and those currently being made.

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

New Skybuster Spotted in Grocery Store

Postby Tone » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:03 am

I spotted a new Skybuster in a grocery store and its price was $3.99, which I think appears to be high, but it may be what they are going for in all the shops when they appear, now. The remarkable thing is that it is not a fantasy piece. It is a Hondajet, which looks like a small biz-jet and is based on a real aircraft. Also, as a bonus, its color scheme appeared to be fairly realistic, if I remember correctly.
Tone

Re: New Skybuster Spotted in Grocery Store

Postby MichaelB » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:54 pm

Awesome! ...I will need to check that out! Airplane toys are just about gone from the big (or small) retailers!
MichaelB

Another New Skybuster Spotted in Grocery Store

Postby Tone » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Another new Skybuster is called "Classic Attack." I saw a whole mess of them a few weeks ago in a grocery store that is selling them for $5.00 apiece! This plane is not listed in the Skybusters checklist at Matchbox Forum. It is an S.E.5A, with small fin (too small, I think). Dark blue metal fuselage, tan wings with skull tampo, probably made of plastic. Preliminary research indicates its official designation is SB 138. It did not look to be as accurate as even the Cragstan Wild Wings toy or those little ones (Benkson, Tak-A-Toy etc) from the 1990s! Still, it's a biplane and recognizable as an S.E.5A unlike those fantastic Skybusters we have been seeing for years, one of which looks like the twin-shrouded-rotor helicopter from the Avatar movie.
Tone

Classic Attack Skybuster Spotted

Postby Tone » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:36 pm

I purchased one in April when price dropped to $3.50 - here is a photo.

Note the lion insignia, not skull.

It's mediocre at best. I wish the designers would have attempted to produce a more realistic model
Attachments
Tone

Return to Die Cast Airplanes - Modern