Lintoy MiG-21

For toys made before 1980. Up to and including Aero Minis and the last of the Dinky Toy aircraft.

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

Re: Lintoy MiG-21

Postby FETT1 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:17 pm

grwebster wrote:there are some mint boxed ones coming up for sale shortly, a silver Mig-21 is included

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewAuctio ... 0&Start=20

also three pages of other diecast aircraft from my collection
http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewAuctio ... 6653&Sub=0

GR QUESTION...WHY NOT OFFER THESE UP HERE TO US FIRST ??
...just wonderin out loud .... :)

thxs
jason
FETT1

Postby richardstarr » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:48 pm

LINTOY rules the world. If you have LINTOY DIECAST PROPS and JETS, you don't need anything else.

Seriously, the LINTOY PHANTOM (especially silver) rivals anything produced at that time,
and even approaches the quality of the AERO MINI F4E.

At the time 1974???? there were no other DRAKENS, no other SEPECAT JAGUARS.
Certinally no other GRUMMAN F11F TIGER.

I guess they helped improve the whole genre of DIECAST AIRPLANES.
It is fun just to see the GREAT COLOUR PICTURES.

Regards, RICHARD STARR
richardstarr

Postby MichaelB » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:25 am

Indeed, it's a wonderful line and they got wide distribution through Bachmann and Corgi. Both were responding to the market, especially the group of "large" Dinky aircraft from 1970 or so. The Lintoy line would continue into the late '90s as part of the "Flyers" line with reduced detail and flimsy undercarriage, but still carrying the basic Lintoy paints and good looks.
Their true successor were the ERTL Force One products which were of a like size and still toys rather than accurate models.
Alas, I doubt we will ever see another line like this, where there is a large diecast in a reasonably accurate shape - but as a toy!
Currently there are any number of large, scaled die cast aircraft models - none of which are affordable by or for children and not suitable as a toy (says so on the box!).
MichaelB

Postby grwebster » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:38 am

Jason, in an attempt to answer to your question as to why I didn't offer these here on the forum, I would suggest you read my posts in the General Discussion area which explained some of my reasoning for using auctions. Start with Part 1, there are 4 parts
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1269
This forum was never meant to be a trading and 'for sale' site, just a place for information exchange and collecting fellowship like the former TPN/MAQ club and magazines.
I had always offered to people looking for items to come and visit my collection, but only one or two did.
I would also submit the following:
I am only at my home where the collection is located 4-5 times a year for a maximum stay of 2 weeks.
I had over 3,000 items to remove from my collection.
I hate to pack and ship. Not worth the time for me {for me -1.3 hours just for the mailing} and this for perhaps one $45 item. Figure it out, several hundred little packages. No thanks.
I was not going to sell for example one Mig 21 from my entire Lintoy collection. I doubt many people would do as I had done over the years, buying entire collections for just a few items.
I don't use eBay for selling. Not around long enough during my visits to do so.
I had posted some rather rare vintage Dinky Toys on this site a while ago well before the sale and had not one reply.
My entire collection was for sale and many of items sold at the toy show we held in Florida last February. Why didn't you come? Everything that went out to the 5 auction houses was available for purchase. The notification of the meeting and toy show guaranteed several 1,000s of aircraft toys for sale, and there were at least that many and not only from me but many other collectors.
There will be another show next year, so stay tuned. and make the effort to come.
GR Webster
Central Florida, and France
grwebster@aol.com grwebster@me.com
grwebster

Postby FETT1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:58 pm

I GUESS A SIMPLe "NO SALE ON SITE "..would of been good...

There will be another show next year, so stay tuned. and make the effort to come

...AS far as the comment...I'm on a fixed income...I pay a mortgage,pay bill's ,pay child support ...plus live cheque to cheque ....

unlike some here I buy when I can ...but it's tough these days...

...If it wasn't for sales on the site I would never of obtained my AEROCLASSICS RCAF 707's....was always wanting these and a fellow with a whack of planes for sale helped me out!!

These beauties used to depart overhead here in EDMONTON,ALBERTA,CANADA back in the day ...

I FEEL LIKE I was just dragggggged over the coals!!

I AM a true collector ....I ENJOY MY ADDICTION OF TOYS!!!!!!
FETT1

Postby grwebster » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Not meant to have you 'dragged over the coals', Jason. You posed a simple question but the answer was not simple.

I well recall my first few collection purchases when I was earning 300$ US a month. Of course a 45$ plane today back then was may be 5$ but still.

You will probably find that those items of mine at auction today are much cheaper than the prices I placed on them when I was selling directly and less than I paid in most cases.

Sorry if you felt I was coming down on you but like I said, it was not an easy answer.
GR Webster
Central Florida, and France
grwebster@aol.com grwebster@me.com
grwebster

Postby FETT1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:14 am

grwebster wrote:Not meant to have you 'dragged over the coals', Jason. You posed a simple question but the answer was not simple.

I well recall my first few collection purchases when I was earning 300$ US a month. Of course a 45$ plane today back then was may be 5$ but still.

You will probably find that those items of mine at auction today are much cheaper than the prices I placed on them when I was selling directly and less than I paid in most cases.

Sorry if you felt I was coming down on you but like I said, it was not an easy answer.

THANK YOU
JAS
FETT1

Postby FETT1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:16 am

..HI ALL..Does anyone have a MEGA CHECKLIST of what was out -lintoy,bachmann,corgi,etc...

it would be GREAT TO SEE ...
THXS
JASON
FETT1

Postby MichaelB » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:14 pm

The best list is in the Richardson book, Diecast Aircraft Toys, which you can find occasionally. But, I'm working on my list that I can post here.
MichaelB

Postby FETT1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:36 pm

MichaelB wrote:The best list is in the Richardson book, Diecast Aircraft Toys, which you can find occasionally. But, I'm working on my list that I can post here.

GREAT MB...will wait ...I mean PLEASE HURRY.... :D

MANY THXS

JASon
FETT1

PreviousNext

Return to Die Cast Airplanes - Vintage