Back Issues of "The Plane News"

If you have any items you want to sell, post them here

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

Back Issues of "The Plane News"

Postby BWBrown » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Anyone interested in 13 back issues of "The Plane News"? This was GR Webster's well-regarded earlier publication. I have issues 20-31, inclusive, plus issue # 17. These span the period from the Spring 1993 issue to the March 1997 issue. Estate sale, so be generous to the poor widow. No reasonable offer refused. Shipping not included. All are in great condition. Write for photos or additional info. Thanks! -- Bryan
BWBrown

Re: Back Issues of "The Plane News"

Postby richardstarr » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:47 pm

In my humble opinion, the entire issues of [THE PLANE NEWS] were magnificent
publications. GR WEBSTER, as the EDITOR/PUBLISHER, did a fantastic job of putting this publication together
for over a decade. Without [THE PLANE NEWS], I wouldn't know anything about diecast
airplanes, tin airplanes, ALUMINUM manufacturer models, SOLIDO models, WIKING models, et cetera.
I had learned something in my little area in PHOENIX, GLENDALE ARIZONA, but had
never seen the vast majority of colourful pictures. So basically, [THE PLANE NEWS] is a very
valuable publication and I would recommend each issue to everybody on MAC.
I love the high class, glossy pages in colour.
One incidental note is that I still have never seen a picture of the ALLYN CHROME NORTH AMERICAN B1
strategic nuclear bomber.
REGARDS, RICHARD STARR
richardstarr

Postby BWBrown » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi Richard -

Thanks for your comments, and your glowing testimonial. Clearly, I did not do justice to "The Plane News", and to GR, when I posted my ad. I was a fanatic subscriber myself, back in the day, and I learned a great deal from every issue! TPN was an amazing resource for those of us collecting in the 1990's. I couldn't wait for my next issue, and it sounds like you were in the same fix.

Best wishes! -- Bryan
BWBrown

Postby grwebster » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:53 am

Thanks for the good words but the former TPN/MAQ magazine was the result of the 1,000s of contributions of it's members, many of whom are here now on this forum.
Unfortunately, it could not come close to covering it's costs, and while some 1200 people expressed interest and asked to see a free copy, the base membership, which was sustained by renewals, was always less than 350, and the average over the years was about 275.
This forum today has about 210 members and is growing, but I doubt there more than 700-800
Internet capable airplane-only collectors and not all of these will find us, formally join and post. Many just lurk.
I do see the same collecting fellowship spirit we had at TPN (The Plane News/MAq) here and am delighted to see the many interesting and valuable posts.
Please feel free to post photos of your collection, even if some pieces are not as minty and perfect as those of Tone and some others.
We all love to see the aviation items that are around.
GR Webster
Central Florida, and France
grwebster@aol.com grwebster@me.com
grwebster

Return to For Sale