Remco Boeing Vertol 107 Heliport Set #634

for all types of helicopter toys and models. Arne Lasance {alas} from the Netherlands is the Moderator

Moderator: alas

Remco Boeing Vertol 107 Heliport Set #634

Postby hovermd » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:00 pm

I really like this one...

This is the Remco "Heliport With Moving Blade 'Copter" set. The cool display box is marked "Style #634" and has great graphics.

The set features a 12.5 inch long plastic Boeing Vertol 107 "Helicopter Transport Service" toy, a tractor (or tug in aviation vernacular) and luggage cart that carries 8 suitcases of varying size and shape, a flight attendant that can be stationed on the passenger stairs, a pilot figure, and four passengers. The helicopter has cargo door in the back which lowers and provides luggage storage space.

I think this is a pretty rare set - it's the only one I've seen in 40 years, so production numbers must have been low. It's an interesting departure from the larger Remco Whirlybirds that were modeled after the Piasecki H-21 Workhorse (see separate post). This toy was released a bit later than the first few series of Whirlybird - the original owner of the toy wrote "May 5, 1966 - Thursday" on the box in pen. That was in fact a Thursday - I checked. :)

Remco With Moving Blade 'Copter
Mark Driver
Toy Helicopter & Rotorcraft Collector
markmdrive@aol.com
hovermd

Return to Helicopter Toys