Model making as a holsome pass time.

A place to discuss anything of interest to collectors miniature airplanes

Moderators: grwebster, MichaelB, BWBrown, angelreader, ronc200

Model making as a holsome pass time.

Postby ArtworksIII » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Hello All,
I began to carve models in 1990 after I became tired of all same ole plastic kits that didn't really get into civilian aviation or other relevent subjects in aviation. My uncle who worked for Boeing in reasearch and development took me to his shop one time to catch up on some work in 1975. I seen POC models of the 747,SST, Early versions of the YC-14 and so much more. Well in order to catch you up to my particular spin on model making I always go to the source to get my line drawings the companies that use the aircraft .Below is a Boeing model 234 not a Chinook but a similar airframe to the Chinook built by Columbia helicopter LLC "Jigs" the model below is 10 years old. There are other makers, but not as large as I like and my cost per model is $3.00 :lol: :lol:

ArtworksIII

Re: Model making as a holsome pass time.

Postby hovermd » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:57 am

What a beauty!

A number of toy helicopters are very similar in design to this Boeing Model 234. Perhaps the 234 helped serve as the inspiration for the toy?

Nomura Toy (T.N) Vertol 107
Mark Driver
Toy Helicopter & Rotorcraft Collector
markmdrive@aol.com
hovermd

Re: Model making as a holsome pass time.

Postby ArtworksIII » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:45 am

Hovermd,
Columbia does use a similar helicopter to your beautiful tinplate toy. I never realized how many catagorize of collecting there was. I see some aviation stuff in Antique stores but only very rarely. The reason I carve all my models is they're very inexpencive.
ArtworksIII

Return to General Discussion