Plastic B-47 StratoJet

Ready made plastic toys such as Renwal, Palitoy, Acme, Processed Plastics, etc...

Moderators: MichaelB, angelreader

Plastic B-47 StratoJet

Postby Tone » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:54 am

Plastic B-47 StratoJet

This unmarked example in blue marbled hard plastic has no landing gear, 3 3/4" wingspan, and is similar to MPC or Lido planes and was probably sold on a card as part of a set. The wings have less sweepback than the real plane.

The yellow B-47 below is in soft plastic and it has a ridiculously small tail fin. The manufacturer is Payton. It is somewhat larger than the blue plane.

Tone

Re: Plastic B-47 StratoJet

Postby MichaelB » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Tony, the top one came in that "Footlocker" of ships, planes and troops that was advertised in many comic books.
The second one is quite common and was issued by many, starting with Payton.
Plasticraft also issued similar pieces, including the rare YB-60 in this style!
MichaelB

Re: Plastic B-47 StratoJet

Postby Tone » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:37 pm

I remember reading about the small, flat toy soldiers in the past during my "research" about "7 Gigantic Dinosaurs for $1.00" (balloons) that appeared in comic books.

I found some pictures of the various footlockers. Nosco Plastics of Erie, PA most likely was the manufacturer. However, one of the B-47s is green and clearly says "Made in Hong Kong" on it. It came in a box with ZIP codes so it must have been after 1963. The author shows a "Micronauts" comic book that dates to 1979 so the toys either are not as old as they appear or else they had a long production life.

Further research is necessary!

http://monsterdad69.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... diers.html

The one I have does not state a manufacturer name or country of origin.

I found some photos and information of the Plasticraft YB-60, of which I was unaware, and it is a nice-looking plane.
Tone

Return to Plastic toys